- Item: The name/code you use for this product.
- Description: A deeper description of the product then may be described in the code.
- Notes: This is for general notes you may wish to list.
- Price: The default price of this product or service
- Average Cost: Generally, automatically calculated when purchases are made through the purchase order system.
- Account Code: The accounting code from the general ledger. This is used for exporting data to your accounting system.
- Bin: Storage location (aisle, shelf…) where the product is stored in the warehouse
- Weight: The weight of this completed product.
- Actual Weight: Check this box if this is an actual weight, and not an estimated weight.
- Product Group: A lookup from the View->List->Product Groups that make an easy way to drill down to find a product on the handheld.
Pricing Rules Sequence
When creating an invoice, the following order is how the product price is determined.
- Manual price: The price manually typed in by the user (if they are allowed to override a price). This one is slightly confusing to list first, because the rules below apply in displaying the initial price, but then the price can (if allowed) be manually overwritten to become the Manual Price, and it will not be replaced by any of the rules below.
- Customer Specific Pricing is the next highest priority (which can have volume discount pricing for that customer). NOTE: if there is a possible volume discount it is calculated when Finishing the invoice so that it can look at quantity totals between all cabinets/equipment to see if eligible for a volume discount
- Customer Pricing Group Code (price codes 1 – 36)
- Template Price specific or a % discounted (provided that the product is not set to No Template Discount)
- Default Volume Discount: Note, that just as with Customer Specific pricing, if there is a possible volume discount it is calculated when Finishing the invoice so that it can look at quantity totals between all cabinets/equipment to see if eligible for a volume discount.
- Default Price, if no other pricing method, then uses default price